Skip to main content

Leadership 101: A Country Far Far Away

Laughter: oh, they came around yesterday. They complained about the wages we give them. They said, #19,800 is too small for them.

Fibbery: Aaaaah, goats! They deserve nothing more! Those lousy dogs! Have they ever seen that much money in their lives? Thieves! And children of thieves!

Laughter: aaah. Easy, easy my friend. Some of them are not dogs you know, I have met some exceptional ones.

Fibbery: Dogs, yes, they can never be. Even my dog feeds better than them! They are fools. If they rise up again, we shall give them an increase, but hey, we shall owe them five months' wages.

Laughter: And if they complain again?

Fibbery: We tell them that we are broke! Aren't we broke? Imagine, I could not fulfill my December wish of purchasing a 10th jet. We are broke, the nation is broke!

Laughter: aaah. I see.

(Curtain falls, although it never did rise at the start). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heartbroken Heartbreaker

It took me how long to write this? Probably a million years! This piece is long overdue! Ladies and gentlemen, especially ladies, please do not feel particularly attacked by this piece. I am trying very hard to be honest. Last night, I thought to myself what my response would be if people ever asked me if I've been heartbroken and before I knew it, I had a long speech about how unserious men can be and how women suffer as a result of this. Then it occurred to me that, in the real sense of things, I have never had my heart broken by anybody. Please, please, please, I am not forming wonder woman or holy than thou, it is the simple truth! I came to this realization because, I noticed that if there was ever a time that I felt terrible emotionally it was because of my own expectations and unrealistic guesses. I really don't like to write things about love and relationship and stuff because it gives my readers too much opportunity to get into my head and sometimes, imagine things ...

3 AM

I woke up at 3 am. This was the best time to do it and get on with life, it was a time without souls on the walkways, just the regular night guards who were now familiar with my work pattern. I woke up at 3 am. Got out of bed and breezed into my silk dress, no underwear. A risky thing to do, considering it improved my chances of getting raped, according to some people. I didn't care. Whoever wanted to rape would rape, with or without my underwear. I woke up at 3 am, got to the kitchen and opened the back door. There, it laid  as usual, in a black thrash bag. I motioned towards it, hesitating for a bit. But why, this was my usual responsinility. I had to clean up over them and get rid of every evidence. Somehow, I felt guilty, a part of the larger evil in the world. I woke up at 3 am, got the 'package' and slid out of the house. I monitored my footsteps closely to avoid noise. I monitored the air to taste for human presence though my nostrils. I monitored everything but ...

Friendly Enemies

Today,I will be focusing on five types of friends that we need to beware of.These are those who claim to be friends but are actually enemies. 1. ALWAYS ASKING NEVER GIVING.  Some friends have the habit of always asking for favours but when called upon for help, they always have the perfect excuse as to why they cannot help. Such people subtly send us the message that they are only hanging around us because of what they are benefitting from us. The moment you cannot help them, they leave! So, you need to let go.  2. ALWAYS RECEIVING NEVER APPRECIATING. When a friend never shows appreciation for gifts and favours, you need to be careful. It could be that the friend does not value you and your sacrifices. 3. ALWAYS COMPLAINING NEVER ENCOURAGING.  Do you have friends who do nothing but complain about how bad things always are? You need to beware. People who constantly complain and never encourage you are dangerous. They dampen your spirit, bring you down and fail to ...